Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

integrated gallery

edited November 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
is anyone able to tell me an (easy) way how to build a gallery extension with the page manager extension and the filebrowser?

just a simple upload & display - plug and play solution.

thanks vanillians.

Comments

• Options
    yes i saw that , but i thought more of a fullscreen popup out of vanilla , and not really a rederection to the filebrowser .

so far as i understand the filebrowser extension... it just redirects you to the filebrowser after you click a thumb.

correct me if im wrong.

i was just looking for a way to have a _real_ integration.

seems like i have to solve this with an iframe solution or such to embed filebrowser directly
  • Options
    i have a half completed extension but i dont know when i'll have the time to complete it :(
  • Options
    is your extension based on the fileupload extension?
  • Options
    no, my extension is basically getting the whole filebrowser program an throwing it into vanilla.
  • Options
    really nice ... good luck i hope youre getting it, would be def. cool.
  • Options
    Fery, you can get a reasonable (but basic) gallery by using the attachment extensions and the JQThickBox extension. With those you can achieve inline thumbnails which popup in a pretty way, that have captions, you can click "next" to get to the next picture... I know it's not exactly ideal, but perhaps it will work until there is something more robust in place?
  • Options
    i need only an easy way to display and to upload images on the fly, very simple. just uploading tadaaa ... displayed,
    no html editing... nothing.

can i do something like that with your solution?

would be also great
  • Options
    StashStash
    edited February 2007
    Yes, although you will want to ensure you have all of these extensions:
    JQuery
    JQThickBox
    Attachments 2
    Inline Images
    Multi File Upload

You must ensure that you enable JQuery before JQThickBox, or you may have issues.

Also, you will probably want to do a one time edit on the Multi File Upload extension to change the max allowed simultaneous uploads ;)

For the InlineImages extension, you can change the settings in Vanilla > Settings (look on the side panel once it's enabled). I've found that a setting of 125px is a nice size for thumbnails.
  • Options
    ah okay thanks mang, i try to figure it out.

is it in usage on your website(s)?
  • Options
    http://exhibitq.com/talk/discussion/3/

Just please bear in mind it's a test forum and I test stuff, so things can and do break every now and then. Nothing strange going on at the moment though, so it should all be working fine :)
  • Options
    Let's say that I wanted to put image references into a discussion or comment manually, what would be the syntax to reference thickbox? Is it rel="thickbox"?
  • Options
    class="thickbox"
  • Options
    looks promising stash, thanks for the link mang.

ok.. so i only hafta enable all those extensions (mentioned above) and then only a style rel. to the header right?
  • Options
    You don't have to do anything other than enable those extensions and configure InlineImages to use thickbox. No other editing required.
  • Options
    ah ok , ill try

thanks so far
  • Options
    If it does what you want, be sure to post us a URL so we can go and look :)
  • Options
    just a quick comment.... can you open up filebrowser for designated roles in vanilla? I'm interested in starting a photography forum and am looking for a way to efficiently handle images to allow for voting, criticism, etc.
  • Options
    well, i'm three quarters at completing the back end for the filebrowser integration

i haven't spent much time on doing the design as you can see, but the whole program will be put into Vanilla once it's done

• Options
    Vincent, looks very interesting! Can you speak more on the integration? Will users be able to upload images or just view them?
This discussion has been closed.