Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

comment without member-accout

edited September 2005 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
i would like to set up an internal community area with htaccess-login for every member[50 accounts]. so that they don't have to sign-in twice, it would be great to have read _and_ write permission for non-members in vanilla. like in the forum-option: Allow non-members to browse the forum additional forum-option: Allow non-members to comment discussions when they then write their comments it would be helpful to have a seperate input field for the author's-name.

Comments

• Options
    I do believe this has been considered already although i cant remember what the outcome has been. I *think* it might be being included with the advanced permissions being incorporated into the next revision but i'm sure mark will correct me if i'm wrong.
  • Options
    Is there any particular reason you want htaccess protection aside from just enforcing that guests have to register before viewing. Then just make it so you have to approve registration. I don't really see any advantage that htaccess will offer aside from having extra external sub directories password protected as well.
This discussion has been closed.