Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

Fatal error!

edited July 2010 in Questions
This discussion is related to the Google AdSense > After Discussion addon.
when i press on any of the discussios, the following message appears!

Fatal error: Class 'Module' not found in /customers/strukts.com/strukts.com/httpd.www/plugins/GoogleAdSenseSidePanel/class.adsensesidepanelmodule.php on line 6

Could anyone help on this please?

Comments

• Change line 6 to say "extends Gdn_Module" where it previously said "extends Gdn_Module". I have sent a message to the plugin creator asking him to fix this as I'm sure it will be a popular plugin.
  • "extends Gdn_Module" where it previously said "extends Gdn_Module". Both are same!
  • bobthemanbobtheman
    edited August 2010
    would either of you by chance have any info on piwik and v2? http://www.piwik.org

"Piwik aims to be an open source alternative to Google Analytics."
  • Thanks bobtheman forthe link, however my concern is enabling the google adsense in my forum
  • I'm getting the same error, too. Please advise on how to fix!
  • Can we get this fixed please?????
  • AdrianAdrian Marketing Jedi Vanilla Staff
    edited September 2010
    Don't know if you are still looking for a solution for Piwik in Vanilla 2, but here it is:
    Open /themes/YOURTHEME/views/default.master.tpl
    Add {literal} just before end of /body and then paste your piwik code
    then add {/literal}

Follow Vanilla Forums on Social Media

image image image image

• Here is the fix... pretty simple:

1. Open up the GoogleAdSenseAfterDiscussion folder on your computer
    2. Open the file class.adsenseafterdiscussionmodule.php
    3. look for the line that reads: class AdSenseAfterDiscussionModule extends Module
    4. Change it to this and upload: class AdSenseAfterDiscussionModule extends Gdn_Module
    5. Make $$

Works perfect for me :)
    vaniller
  • SOLUTIONS: Change line 6 to say "extends Gdn_Module" where it previously said "extends Module"

• @mattrl said: Here is the fix... pretty simple:

1. Open up the GoogleAdSenseAfterDiscussion folder on your computer
    2. Open the file class.adsenseafterdiscussionmodule.php
    3. look for the line that reads: class AdSenseAfterDiscussionModule extends Module
    4. Change it to this and upload: class AdSenseAfterDiscussionModule extends Gdn_Module
    5. Make $$

Works perfect for me :) I done this stopped the error on line 5, but ad's still don't show. here's my whats wrong???? <?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); /** * Renders Google AdSense code after the entire discussion on the discussion page in Vanilla. */ class AdSenseAfterDiscussionModule extends Gdn_Module { // Replace this values which your own AdSense unit code parameters protected $_google_ad_client = 'pub-9980064291871969'; protected $_google_ad_slot = '0390810185'; protected $_google_ad_width = 728; protected $_google_ad_height = 90;

// Should have a value or be an empty string. An extra class called AdSense has also been added to the Box div.
    protected $_StyleOverride = 'margin:25px 0 0 0; padding:0px; background: none;';