Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Youtube Video Embed

Should you be able to embed a YouTube video? I post the embed code in a discussion and it just shows up as blank. Does something need to be turned on - or a plugin?

Answers

• Options
    Did you try to embed the new youtube code or the old code? Some websites (like wordpress) doesn't accept the new code.
  • Options
    It just the embed code from YouTube when you click on "embed" which contains the iframe. Trying to embed on a vanilla forum.
  • Options
    422422 Developer MVP
    edited November 2011
    I think you need to allow this in post settings, because from my knowledge html parser strips html code, aside from that allowed using cleditor , standard pst type and new buttonbar.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options
    vanillervaniller
    edited November 2011
    @zippylistings - I'm not sure it is this what You asking, but to see embed YT videos You just need to set default post format to HTML (in conf/config.php) and put a standard Youtube video URL, not any embed code. Video URL parser is in library/core/class.format.php
  • Options
    jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    @zippylistings - I'm not sure it is this what You asking, but to see embed YT videos You just need to set default post format to HTML (in conf/config.php) and put a standard Youtube video URL, not any embed code. Video URL parser is in library/core/class.format.php
    ^ this. All you need to do is post the youtube link and it will automatically embed it.
  • Options
    when I was using he CLEditor plugin it would break that functionality. turn it off and it'll work.
  • Options
    I'm looking in conf/config.php and don't see anything that says "default post format".

A little more help.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    I'm looking in conf/config.php and don't see anything that says "default post format".

A little more help.
    This is the config line: $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter']

If you don't see that in your config, it defaults to HTML, so the youtube embed should work if all you do is drop the link to the video there (not the embed link, the main link).
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Something like this does not work for you?

< code > http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8Y5-BZLaM< /code >

* remove spaces
  • Options

A little more help.
    This is the config line: $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter']

If you don't see that in your config, it defaults to HTML, so the youtube embed should work if all you do is drop the link to the video there (not the embed link, the main link).
    There must be something else going on. That line doesn't exist in the config.php file and it's still not working. I also tried using the < code ></ code> tags and that does nothing either.

• Options
    Hmmm. What version of Vanilla are you running? What's the link you're trying to post? Make sure it's the right link; again, it's not the embed link, ignore the YouTube embed feature entirely.
  • Options
    422422 Developer MVP

@jspautsch the line you mention does not reside in config.php latest version 2.0.18.1
    It can be found in config-defaults.php

The line is
    $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Html';

That is the fefault setting, perhaps someone can explain what this line should be.

There was an error rendering this rich post.