Fork me on GitHub
Current releases are 2.1.3 (9 Sept 2014) and 2.0.18.13 (5 Aug 2014)

Ready for 2.1? Find out if your plugins are compatible. 2.0 will no longer be updated after Dec 2014.

opinions wanted: do categories even make sense today?

edited November 2011 in Feedback
trying to keep this short: i was having some issues setting up categories (issue with auto-increment) - and so i saw the BRILLIANT option to "not use categories' in the default installation

and then it dawned on me: categories feel old school, like folders - versus tagging, hashtags, @user attributes and so on....

are any of you running high-volume forums with zero categories and only tags? and in these cases, have you done any custom pages to present tags or hashtags differently?

i completely understand the argument for categories, like a gaming forum with different consoles, game types, etc - but one could argue just as well that a standard set of tags like 360 or ps3 would serve users just as well, provided there were an ability to perform multi-attribute searches and drill-downs (tags within tags, similar to how one plugin allows for tags within categories, just a step away from categories)

is there a plugin that might allow for "tagging tags" to extend drill down (multi-faceted) searches?
jspautsch

Comments