Fork me on GitHub
Current release is 2.1.6 (21 Nov 2014).

Users who have not yet upgraded to 2.1 should get security release 2.0.18.14 (1 Nov 2014). We will stop providing these security releases to 2.0 at the end of this year.

Vanilla Forums embedded into WordPress: strange hyperlink behavior

Hi, I've recently embedded a Vanilla 2 forum into a page on my self-hosted WordPress site (the forum is forced through a remote URL), and while most things are working great I've noticed that whenever anyone places a hyperlink into their post, it tries to open the new page within the WordPress container, rather than opening a new tab or window, or redirecting the entire page. The only way a hyperlink will work is if the plain URL is posted, but that's not very practical especially when dealing with lengthy URLs.

I tried adding a CSS insert that specified all links are to open in a new tab, but it did nothing to help. Even manually adding the target="_blank" line won't open the link in a new window, it will just open a new WordPress window with the link content embedded inside.

Has anyone else using embed Vanilla with WordPress had this issue and know what the problem is or how to fix it?

Answers