Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

A 'like' Plugin w/ integration to Karma Bank

2»

Comments

• Thanks for this excellent plugin!

It may be a good idea to implement it to the "activity" too ;)

Sheila
  • 422422 Developer MVP

If it aint Debbie tested, it aint gonna work pmsl

422 Real Estate Australia , now open Check it out

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

422 said: If it aint Debbie tested, it aint gonna work pmsl

better get her on it ;)

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

SevMC said: Thanks for this excellent plugin!

Thanks, I'll look into it as soon as i have a few minutes.

Sheila
  • edited April 2012

hbf said:

SevMC said: Thanks for this excellent plugin!

Thanks, I'll look into it as soon as i have a few minutes.

a little bug with internationalization

line 256

line 81

may be you forget it ~

else if ($CountLikes == 1)
              $Src .= '<span class="likes">'.T('1 Like').'</span> ';
            else if ($CountLikes > 1)
              $Src .= '<span class="likes">' . $CountLikes . ' '.T('Likes').'</span> ';
            echo $Src;

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2012
    if($CountLikes)
       $Src .= '<span class="likes">' .sprintf($CountLikes>1?T('% Likes'):T('% Likes'),$CountLikes).'</span> ';

grep is your friend.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

I'll submit> x00 said:

> if($CountLikes)
    >    $Src .= '<span class="likes">' .sprintf($CountLikes>1?T('% Likes'):T('% Likes'),$CountLikes).'</span> ';
    > 

@sarowlwp @ x00

Thank you both for finding this. Fixed in .5 version. There were a couple places where I missed the localization. x00, thanks for recommending the ternary operation, that is a lot cleaner. had to tweak it a bit, but it works brilliantly. i love clean code, and i should get more used to the ternary.

sarowlwp
  • SheilaSheila ✭✭

This is a sweeeet plugin! I am totally happy with the way it is even now, but since I got few feature ideas, desided to share them:

• Ability to sort discussions on discussion view based on 'Conversation with Most likes'
    • On user profile header that shows started topics count etc. would also show 'Users liked comments'

And as already mentioned, that 'Thank's for liking the post' popup message would be awesome, as well as Likes showing in the activity feed

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Sheila said: This is a sweeeet plugin! I am totally happy with the way it is even now, but since I got few feature ideas, desided to share them:

• Ability to sort discussions on discussion view based on 'Conversation with Most likes'
    • On user profile header that shows started topics count etc. would also show 'Users liked comments'

And as already mentioned, that 'Thank's for liking the post' popup message would be awesome, as well as Likes showing in the activity feed

Thanks. I havent had luck with the notifier thus far. But i really just havent had a lot of time to put into it recently. I like the sorting idea and putting the likes on the comments in your profile. When i get some time ill look into that.

Of course if there are any other devs that would like to take a crack at the upgrades im fine with that too. We can keep it in the same addon, just send me the changes and i will credit you for the code.

Sheila
  • I'm switching from aolee's zLikeComment plugin to this one. Unfortunately, all the "likes" under zLikeComment will be lost once I disable it. Any idea if it's possible to migrate the "likes" data from zLikeComment to the new plugin's table?

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

@elmor said: I'm switching from aolee's zLikeComment plugin to this one. Unfortunately, all the "likes" under zLikeComment will be lost once I disable it. Any idea if it's possible to migrate the "likes" data from zLikeComment to the new plugin's table?

i totally missed this question when it was posted... it's always a better idea to start a new discussion when raising a new question.

anyway, you would have to give me examples of the zLikeComment data structure in order to know assess how to map the structures.

The table structure i use is very simple, so you should be able to map pretty easily.

2»