Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Issues with Categories

I don't know what's going on. But I can't seem to drag/move my Categories around so I can change it's position. When I move my mouse over the Categories I get a resize tool instead of a hand. Any solutions?

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

It has been discussed numerous times, have none of the solutions or info related to this topic helped you, after you searched the forum on this topic.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2012

Yea the resize tool is the mover, you hold down the mouse button as you drag. Here is what it should look like, you could customize your pointers, cursors and tip tools :

• Options
    edited December 2012

To learn how to change this :

http://www.aha-soft.com/faq/web-page-cursor.htm

list of cursors you can change to:

auto

crosshair

pointer

help

move

text

wait

nw-resize

n-resize

ne-resize

w-resize

hand

e-resize

sw-resize

s-resize

se-resize

• Options

back to the question in hand which to paraphrase is "can't drag categories" as opposed to how to change the mouse cursor :).

http://vanillaforums.org/search?Search=drag+categories

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Hmm yes, unless they meant :

@fubarp said:
    When I move my mouse over the Categories I get a resize tool instead of a hand . Any solutions?

The resize tool is the hand, use it as if it were a hand, or change it to a hand...

• Options

oh...sorry I didn't realize this was actually been addressed. I don't know why I thought mine was a unique case. Sorry.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

@vrijvlinder

Hmm yes, unless they meant :

we may never know.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2012

I think it may be a case of a red herring thrown upon a red herring

• Options

And No, I don't care if it's a hand or a resize tool, I can't move the categories around. I did some reading into the other topics that popped. But seems everyone issue was either it was an older version issue, or they weren't using firefox. I used other browsers but still had the same issue.

• Options

If you can't move categories it could be becuase the script is not loaded or there is some conflict. I would first disable plugins to see if there is a conflict.

grep is your friend.

• Options

That unforantely didn't work though I couldn't get one of my plugins to disable. So I'll have to probably uninstall it. Before I can really try. Is there any other reason why it wouldn't be working?

• Options

So I'm Still having problems with dragging my categories around, and I'm unistalled all my plugins and everything. Anyone have any new solutions i can try?

• Options

bump sigh

• Options

Sorry for not saying anything, can't figure out what it could be, I assume you can drag and drop anything else on your desktop. Could it be a browser setting? Have you tried various browsers, you must have. Just Google "Can't drag and drop" and you will see hundreds of people with same issue but systemwide. I can't imagine why one app is disabled to do so.

Sorry I have no more ....

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

we have same issue. Its a js error, if i figure it out ( low on priority list ) will post fix

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

Knowing where to look helped me, I found out D&D is controlled by jQuery UI

I don't know what version you have but this would be found here forum/js/library/nestedSortable.1.2.1/jquery-ui-1.8.2.custom.min.js?v=2.0.18.4

jquery-ui-1.8.2 this is the version I have but there are newer versions with fixes.
    Here is where to see the versions.
    http://jqueryui.com/changelog/

some extra info I found useful:

http://jqueryui.com/sortable/

• Options

yeah currently I got 1.8.2 I went to their site and downloaded the most recent 1, but after I opened the zip, and looked at the current files i got, I'm a little puzzled on what I need to move into the js/ location. I tried just unzipping it and it didn't do anything for me so obviously there needs to be more then just unzipping. Any solutions?

(I did try to find a guide to see if they explained better but I didn't find anything)

• Options

Thx for the help so far though I appreciate it.