Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

table in message

I am using cledit for compose message. I am try to insert html table, when editing table view normal, But when I post message, table disappears, only text remains. How I can insert table?
Ps sorry for my english

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

can you post the code? use < pre > code here < /pre > or a screenshot?

to post code in cleditor you need to do it in the html side < >

• Options
    mcsa2005mcsa2005 New
    edited March 2013

I know that I need press <> before post html code in cleditor.
    I post somthing like this

Table Cell
            Table Cell

Table Cell
            Table Cell

Tag pre not help. I post screenshot http://postimage.org/image/xbrjr1hab/

• Options

And second screenshot postimage.org/image/beulbzot1/

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I believe tables are stripped out automatically by default. Vanilla uses htmlawed to sanitize input and prevent security holes. I am not at my computer right now to look anyf urther into it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2013

hm yea to show the <> you need to put spaces between them. ok there are certain things that are blocked from using in html in the editor

you can't use certain < style > tags, you can remove the forcing safe styles in the conf.php but it is not advisable because of many real reasons. People could mess up the page style.

So the problem is that the text Table Cell shows? anything you put between >Table cell < will show as text. You can't use ID or Class in the span you can't use metatags in the editor, you can't call another stylesheet from the editor.

< span class="typ" >Table< /span >

Any html that is unsafe will be filtered

• Options

if I remove the tag < style >,the situation not change . the following code does not work

< table >
        < tr >
            < td >c1< /td >
            < td >c2< /td >
        < /tr >
        < tr >
            < td >c3< /td >
            < td >c4< /td >
        < /tr >
    < /table >

to: hgtonight
    I watched file HtmLawed\class.htmlawed.plugin.php and dont see anything that can block table, tr, td tags.

• Options
    testtable

grep is your friend.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2013

works here. What formatter are you using?

grep is your friend.

• Options

Ah you are using cleditor. This is WYIWYG. make sure you click the show source button then insert your table text, then post. Just tried it.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 said:
    Ah you are using cleditor. This is WYIWYG. make sure you click the show source button then insert your table text, then post. Just tried it.

I insert table in sorce mode.
    Can You post code of table that You insert here?

• Options

it is above

here is the source:

<table width="100%" style="border:1px solid red;text-align:center;">
    <tr><td style="background-color:pink;">test</td><td  style="background-color:lightblue;">table</td></tr>
    </table>

grep is your friend.

• Options

If tr and td tag on the same line - its work :)
    if on different - not work

• Options
    test table

grep is your friend.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

removed

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2013

I have confirmed @mcsa2005 case for 2.0, it look like it has been fixed in future versions, or perhaps markdown pre formating helps.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

same problem in 2.1a33 with markdown (last version I have played with)

The plugin for htmlLawed has changed in 2.1 but could be they also tuned htmLawed on this site.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

can i use htmlLawed plugin from 2.1 on 2.0.18?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited March 2013

I tried it (from 2.1a33 , it didn't solve the table issue . You need to modify

try reading in the plugin and modify it to your needs. Either version of plugin.

htmLawed_README.txt

• Options
    AlvaroFGAlvaroFG New
    edited May 2015

similar issue in 2.10 :(. In my case there are lots of br tags being inserted before the table. Oldly compressing the code with this did the trick

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@AlvaroFG said:
    similar issue in 2.10 :(. In my case there are lots of br tags being inserted before the table

Please post a new topic detailing your issue. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.