Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Widget Urls Wrong

I have managed to get Vanilla operational and embedded on my site (http://www.michaelsharp.org/forums/ I have two questions though

1) how can I get the "new post" button to do a "ask a question" button like thes forums

2) how do i fix the widget urls. They are currently pointing to incorrect URLS, and they all break as a result. help

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2013

1) What version of Vanilla are you running?

2) Can you give an example of a widget URL?

3) You want the dropdown, or just the ability to ask a question?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

you can see the wrong widget urls on any of the other pages like http://www.michaelsharp.org/

• Options

This seems to be an issue with your wordpress widgets.

4) Are you running Vanilla embedded?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

yes I'm running it embedd. i fixed the widget problem. there's a button that tells you to force URLs to the wordpress installation. that fixed the problem. however now the integrated login in not working. i'll post another question

I want the dropdown like on these forums

• Options

oh I'm using the newest version, freshlydownloaded

• Options
    edited April 2013

The button uses some special markup to combine the Discussion and Question button provided by the QnA addon.

< div class="ButtonGroup Multi  Action Big Primary">
      <a href="/post/discussion/questions" class="Button Primary">New Discussion</a>
      < ul class="Dropdown MenuItems">
        <li><a href="/post/discussion/questions">New Discussion</a></li>
        <li><a href="/post/question">Ask a Question</a></li>
      </ul>
      <a href="/discussion/23437/widget-urls-wrong#" class="Button Primary Handle"><span class="Sprite SpDropdownHandle"></span></a>
    </div>

They also use some jQuery to activate the flyout.

$(document).delegate('.ButtonGroup > .Handle', 'click', function() {
      var buttonGroup = $(this).closest('.ButtonGroup');
      if (buttonGroup.hasClass('Open')) {
        // Close
        $('.ButtonGroup').removeClass('Open');
      } else {
        // Close all other open button groups
        $('.ButtonGroup').removeClass('Open');
        // Open this one
        buttonGroup.addClass('Open');
      }
      return false;
    }); 

Style to your heart's content!

Search first