Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Confirm Email role missing?

I'm trying to setup registration so that they have to confirm their email address but under the Roles & Permissions section there is no Confirm Email role.

Under registration the only role I can select from the dropdown box is Registered.

If I go to /role/defaultroles the new/approved users are set to Registered and Guests are set to Guests, so where do I set the role that the user gets set once they have confirmed their email?

I've searched for answers but found nothing. Am currently on vanilla 2.0.18.1.

Thanks for any help,
Chris

Best Answer

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

You most likely installed Vanilla before we added the confirm email role.

Just create a role called Confirm Email. Make sure you give it sign in permission and probably view permission.

Answers

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

You most likely installed Vanilla before we added the confirm email role.

Just create a role called Confirm Email. Make sure you give it sign in permission and probably view permission.

• That worked, thanks!

• I'm having this same issue.

Was using 2.0.18.1, then I made the upgrade to 2.1b2 just to see if this would be fixed, but the problem persists.

And I do have the Confirm Email role, but I can't choose it.

• I'm having this same issue.

as who or what -

give more details and screenshots of your roles and screen where you can't chose it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• @peregrine said:
    as who or what -

Sounds like a different issue because the original issue was about a missing confirm email role. A screenshot of where the confirm email role is missing will be helpful.

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@Shadowdare said
    Sounds like a different issue because the original issue

@raphaa00
    exactly - it is not a good idea to post a comment under a discussion question that has been answered when you have a totally different issue. necro posting a two year old discussion with a totally different version of vanilla is not the way to go.

start a new discussion.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I always make a little research before creating new discussions and try to recycle as much as possible threads.

But in this case it really makes more sense to start a new one.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

This discussion has been closed.