Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Not Working with 2.1.x (It is now, see thread for patch)

raphaa00raphaa00 New
edited October 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Unfortunately, this great plugin doesn't seems to be working with the latest iteration of Vanilla.

Maybe some more experienced users are also interested in updating it?

Comments

• what editor are you using?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Button bar with NBBC.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

haven't tried that plugin. out of curiousity did it work with vanilla 2.0.18.8 with buttonbar and nbbc

have you tried http://vanillaforums.org/addon/quotes-plugin

possibly an update on github or fixes for the quotes plugin, if it suits your needs.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I'm using this plugin now, since Quote Selection isn't working.

Quotes plugin quotes the whole comment into the editor, while QS allow for pin point selection of exactly what you want to quote.

• got you. I just cut and paste :) and use the quote button (last button in buttonbar).

• I have no problem with that too, but QS is so awesome. :)

And my users love it too.

• I tried to see how it works visually so I could alter for 2.1 if possible
    , but it doesn't work for me in 2.0.18.8 - so I have no idea how or what it si supposed to do when it works correctly :)

did it work for you in 2.0.18.8?

so I have no idea

• It worked perfectly before 2.1.x.

You need to select the desired text and then a button called "Quote" will show, you just need to click it and the quote is automatically loaded into your editor.

• @raphaa00 said:
    It worked perfectly before 2.1.x.

You need to select the desired text and then a button called "Quote" will show, you just need to click it and the quote is automatically loaded into your editor.

thats cool but my question still remains did it work in 2.0.18.8

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

never mind. I pulled the js off github for the plugin and it works in 2.0.18.8 with the new js. so at least now I can see how it works.

I wish you would have mentioned what version of vanilla and which plugin code you used when it worked for YOU, instead of it being a guessing game to find working code for at least one version.

• Sorry. It was 2.0.18.4.

• It took a while to download the backup and then looking at config.php to be exactly sure which version I was using.

• But I'm very thankful for your interest and willingness to help, @peregrine. :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@raphaa00

remove the &$Sender and change to $Sender in default.php

public function DiscussionController_Render_Before($Sender) {

and replace the js with the attached js (that is zipped up)

and see if it works for you. if it does fine, awesome.

it seemed to work for me. but you have to test further.

report back.

If it doesn't work for you - someone else can carry the flame.

• It works!!!

Thank you very much, @peregrine!

It still have some hiccups, though. Quote button and "author said" are behaving in a strange way, and BBcode isn't working. But I'll see if i can handle that.

Thanks again, @peregrine!

• Released new version, working for me on 2.1.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2013

@TiGR said:
    Released new version, working for me on 2.1.

@TiGR
    nice plugin

just some feedback:

I would get rid of the & in Sender just for good practices

the new version 0.8 didn't work for me on 2.1b2 using firefox with bittersweet default theme.
    I did not see the quote button after highlighting text.

but when I put my js from this comment http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/193896/#Comment_193896
    it worked and the quote box appeared.

maybe someone else could verify if 0.8 works, since i could be wrong.

• It's not working for me with 0.8 and 2.1b2 using Chrome.

But anyway, it's great that you are updating the plugin, @TiGR!

• @peregrine‌ i used your js file it work only the comments. but discussion author's box it not working please help me..

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

@inno4du said:
    peregrine‌ i used your js file it work only the comments. but discussion author's box it not working please help me..

upgrade to vanilla 2.1.3 , I didn't write the plugin. If it doesn't work the way you want, you can make a request from author of plugin.

This discussion has been closed.