Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changing vanilla forum folder name

Simple enough, I want to change the folder name to something else like forum instead of vanilla. Will chaging it from FPT sufficient or do I need to do other stuff to keep things working the way they should ?

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

At a minimum, you will need to delete the ini files in the cache folder.

• Options

@whu606 said:
    At a minimum, you will need to delete the ini files in the cache folder.

I'm also using Embed with Wordpress, will simply changing the URL to the new one solve it. And also, plugins and addon will work normally just by deleting the ini file ?

• Options

@Gogito‌

Not sure about the Wordpress, as I haven't used it.

Plugins should be fine, I think.

If it is a live and active forum, I'd suggest cloning your Vanilla folder to a folder called, say, forum, and then having a fiddle and seeing what happens without having to affect your live data.

• Options

Would both of them using the same database affect anything ?

@whu606 said:
    Gogito‌

Not sure about the Wordpress, as I haven't used it.

Plugins should be fine, I think.

If it is a live and active forum, I'd suggest cloning your Vanilla folder to a folder called, say, forum, and then having a fiddle and seeing what happens without having to affect your live data.

• Options
    edited January 2015

Not in the short term (there would be an issue with user avatars over time, since you'd have two upload folders and paths.)

You could also clone your database, then point the new version to that one, which is what I do when I want to have a quiet fiddle without posting on the live site, whilst getting as close as possible to 'live'.

I normally ask a few users to try it out as well, just to make sure, before going live.
    Or you could just post up a 'test' thread, and let users know that was for, er, testing.

• Options

@whu606 said:
    Not in the short term (there would be an issue with user avatars over time, since you'd have two upload folders and paths.)

You could also clone your database, then point the new version to that one, which is what I do when I want to have a quiet fiddle without posting on the live site, whilst getting as close as possible to 'live'.

I normally ask a few users to try it out as well, just to make sure, before going live.
    Or you could just post up a 'test' thread, and let users know that was for, er, testing.

Thanks a lot, I'll try them tomorrow and report back.

• Options

It worked, thanks a lot