Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Youtube videos required DOUBLE CLICK to start

2»

Comments

• Options

use bold for enphasis. ;)

grep is your friend.

• Options

@jackjitsu said:
    Ok, I get that. Im just wondering if this was a design decision in this version of vanilla, (there is a page load advantage this way), or if something broke on my site.

yes it is to make the page load faster, called "lazy loading" of resources. or "just in time".

The issue is fixed in 2.2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0DPdy98e4c

but uses the same lazy loading.

grep is your friend.

• Options

If its fixed in 2.2, then ill just wait. Thanks for verifying its an actual issue.
    I didnt want to go on another wild goose chase only discover its by design ;-)

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@x00 said:

@vrijvlinder said:
    Because you are using the code they gave you to embed it as an object. If you simply paste the you tube link in a message that will not render a player. You need the embed code.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/E4UJg5__-bs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it won't take this literally becuase to allow iframe arbitrarily would be a security risk unless only used for trusted sites. If you look at the source of this page, the video placholder image is there. It has just taken your dimensions.

This is the embed code that youtube gives you so you can embed anywhere. He pasted this code into a message in the dashboard and the video played on first click. I explained it was because he embedded the object not a placeholder. If he only pasted the youtube link it would not work because mediator or vanilla only act on discussions and comments as far as auto-embedding via the link.
    This has nothing to do with embedding this code in a discussion or comment because it can't be done unless one removes all the safeguards. But you can use the embed code in modules and in message modules or pockets safely.

@jackjitsu said: I know that typing in all caps is shouting... but I was only typing certain words in caps for emphasis, not shouting.

Don't sweat it, I understood what you said the first time. I know this behavior is different using another browser or OS . As with anything else. I don't find it annoying having to click twice as long as it does not refresh the entire page and lose my spot. If that is what is happening, it is bad.

I noticed that this is the same case in facebook. And sometimes the videos take forever to load.

I found an interesting piece of info about how youtube has improved their serving of videos etc.

http://highscalability.com/youtube-architecture