Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

Latest Discussions Prime

2»

Comments

• edited December 2006
    Doesn't work for me, I got this message: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare latestdiscussions_addfilters() (previously declared in /home/.inkus/holidayp/holidaypad.net/community/extensions/DiscussionFilters/default.php:40) in /home/.inkus/holidayp/holidaypad.net/community/extensions/LatestDiscusssionsPrime/default.php on line 40 Can't see what the problem could be and now I can't access my forum at all! http://www.holidaypad.net/community/ Not good!
  • It seems as you have a conflict between extensions LatestDiscusssionsPrime and DiscussionFilters. Both of them use the same function. So, you have to disabled one of them.
  • Disabled them, deleted them, and cleared my cache but still problem exists! Dammit!
  • B*ll*kcs! Looks like I'm going to have to reinstal unless the add-on author can shed some light on this for me?
  • PolPol
    edited December 2006
    That's very odd. My forum uses Latest Discussions Prime alongside Discussion Filters with no problems, and I checked the Discussion Filters code, and it definitely does not declare a function of that name. The fact that they both say Line 40 suggests that your copy of Discussion Filters might have accidentally gotten replaced with a duplicate of Latest Discussions Prime. Have you checked on that?
  • Just for the record, to 'delete' the extensions you also need to remove their references from conf/settings.php which will stop vanilla using them. It's very rare to have to reinstall your whole forum.

Pol's comment seems pretty realistic, though.
  • edited December 2006
    Cheers mini, you'll be pleased to know I figured that out (about the reference in the conf, although it's the extensions.php file rather than settings) Anyway, now I know how to remedy the situation I'll have another bang at it ;-)
  • Hah, I always mix those 2 up. :)
  • Shame there isn't a simple version of this that just outputs the 5 last modified discussions :(
  • fmimosofmimoso
    edited September 2008
    Any idea on how to remove the stickies from the list? Thanks. :)
  • Any idea on how to remove the stickies from the list?

I was able to do this by modifying the "default.php" file in the Latest Discussions Prime extension directory. I added the following three pieces of code:

• First, beneath the other dictionary entries near the top of the file:

$Context->Dictionary['LatestDiscussionsNotIncludeSticky'] = 'Don\'t include Stickied discussions';

• Second, just beneath the block of code that starts "if ($D->Context->Session->User->Preference('LatestDiscussionsOnlyShowMine'))":

if ($D->Context->Session->User->Preference('LatestDiscussionsNotIncludeSticky')) {
      $s->AddJoin('Discussion', 'di', 'DiscussionID', 't', 'DiscussionID', 'left join');
      $s->AddWhere('di', 'Sticky', '', '1', '<>');
      }

• Finally, in the block of code that calls the "Addpreferences":

$PreferencesForm->AddPreference('LatestDiscussionsPrefs', 'LatestDiscussionsNotIncludeSticky', 'LatestDiscussionsNotIncludeSticky', 0);

This completely removes sticky discussions from the panel list.

(NOTE: I'm still looking for a good way for this list to update automatically on a regular basis using AJAX. Any help appreciated.)
  • stickies from the list? I would like to make this the default instead of user selectable? Is that possible? Thanks,
2»