Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Official Developer plugin? / documentation rant

ithcyithcy New
edited September 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I saw @Tim mention this, but I can't find the thread (discussion search is not very helpful here, by the way, just turns up loads of threads from 2006 or so.)

There was talk of a developer plugin that would show all of the available event hooks on the current page. Is there any news on this? Can I get a preview release? I need to know exactly where I can hook into events with my plugin.

On a related note, the documentation on plugin development seems to be lacking or out of sync with the code in several key areas. Where is a master list of the events on a default Vanilla install? When should I use implements Pluggable vs. implements Gdn_IPlugin vs implements Iplugin? (all three are used seemingly interchangeably in the plugin docs.) Where is the documentation on using templates and template tags for theming? Where can I search through the docs? Etc. etc.
Tagged:

Comments