Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Unable to post to any categories after adding multilevel subcategories

The option to post to a specific category is gone. The Category: drop down is missing, and when I click "Start new Discussion" when browsing a category, it is not posted to that category, or no categories at all, for that matter.

Comments

• Having the same issue with my board after upgrading from Vanilla 1. All discussions are posted to the first category and they don't get an option to change that.
  • Same problem for me. A workaround is to keep flat categories, disable category, and then enable category again (from the dashboard).
  • Are you saying I can't enable nested categories at all?
  • ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    Can you edit your member role and see what the permissions are? What you want to check out is the default category permissions.
  • I'm an admin (since I set up the forums) and I have all permissions for Default category permissions: Add, Announce, Close, Delete, Edit, Sink, and View.
    It sounds like you don't have categories enabled. What do you see when you go to categories in your dashboard?
  • Categories were already enabled when I installed Vanilla. I checked, after making a few non-nested categories, and there is a combobox to select which category to post in. After creating nested categories, the combobox disappears and Starting a new discussion, even from a specific category, makes the discussion appear in a "limbo" or sorts, in no category at all.
    We fixed this problem and released the fix. Thanks for the help.