Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Imported IPB to Vbulletin and into Vanilla - Wrong dates on Discussion List

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi there,
I was originally using IPBoard but since I found Vanilla I have moved all my forums (originally phpBB) over to Vanilla. The only problem I had with the IPBoard forum is that the converter doesn't directly support it. So, I converted the IPB to Vbulletin and now into Vanilla. Everything has converted fine, just the dates in the Discussion Lists are wrong.

When going on one of the 'threads', the date is correct, as shown here:

How do I go about fixing this? I don't really want to have to manually key all of the dates in correctly!

Cheers, Dean
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    Weird. I wonder how that got lost in translation. If should've calculated that at the end of the import process.

You can update that with an SQL query. Do you have access to phpMyAdmin or some other way of querying the database?
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited March 2011
    I believe this is what you need:
    update GDN_Discussion d set DateLastComment = COALESCE( (select c.DateInserted from GDN_Comment c where c.DiscussionID = d.DiscussionID order by c.DateInserted desc limit 1 ), d.DateInserted)
  • Options
    That's excellent! Worked straight away, thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.