Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

how to removed a post from the forum powered by vanilla.

i need some help..there is a post in the forum powered by vanilla that i wan to be removed as i find it is not justified.
it is affecting me and hope to get some help how to go about it as i cannot contact the person in charge...
cant join as their member also. i saw the forum inactive since jan 2014.
the link to the forum: http://www.petslover.com.my/

Comments

• Options

any idea how to contact the moderator?

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@chloeyu

That site is simply using free software provided by Vanilla to build the site.

It has no connection with Vanilla forums, or with this community.

Try a Google search for

how to find a website owner

• Options

When you post something in the public domain, you accept the consequences of that. Although most sites will be civil, they are under no obligation to remove anything, unless that post itself means that they may be breaking that law or the law or they they be liable such as libel or copyright issues relating to a third party. Under most ToS as your publisher, it is their right expression that applies, as as the jurisdiction of speech is the state rather than a site. You are publishing via proxy so it is their choice of content.

The only legal argument that you may be able to use is it could possible be used to misrepresent your views should you not be able to say this no longer represents your views. However this doesn't really work becuase it is still matter of historic record.

If someone else libels you you may have case for removal, however this is only if it fits the legal requirement of

Many site as a policy don't routinely remove posts or users as it can be disruptive to others, and make thread difficult to read.

grep is your friend.

• Options

thank you for your advise. i tried contacting the moderators but cannot... :(
    that is why i am trying to find ways... thanks anyway :)

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@chloeyu

It looks like the site has been discontinued, but someone is clearly still paying for the domain name registration and the hosting, so I would suggest you focus your efforts on finding out who they are and contacting them.